In my last post I predicted that February wasn’t going to be a great reading month after the success of January, and it’s fair to say that I jinxed it. I’m going to blame it on that fact that February is the shortest month of the year and that those two additional days of reading would have made a big impact! So after the disaster that was February, I’m going to try extra hard to read as many books as possible, wish me luck!
February Wrap Up
- Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion – Didion has the ability to capture an audiences attention and delve deep into introspective thought and intrigue with her writing and it is truly fascinating. The moments she shares are so beautifully crafted to create a collection of fascinating essays.
- Scythe by Neil Schusterman – It’s fair to say that this book lives up to all the hype its received and I want to thank everyone who kept encouraging me to read it, I loved it. The whole concept of choosing who dies is fascinatingly scary yet clever and I’m looking forward to where the rest of the series take us.
- Thundercloud by Neil Schusterman – I wasn’t planning on picking this book up next but I couldn’t resist especially after that ending!
- Truthwitch by Susan Denard – Another series I’ve heard a lot good things about and recently I’ve really been craving some fantasy so hopefully this will satisfy my reading needs! I was meant to read this last month but like I said I got distracted!
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – I mentioned this book in my 7 Books I Want to Re-Read post and again its a series that’s been on my mind (and TBR) for a while. I remember absolutely adoring this series when I first read it, I just hope that I love it as much now.
- Chéri by Colette – This is our Reading Between the Wines book of the month and I’m super excited as I love a bit of Colette!