1. What book(s) have you been given as a gift that you loved?
Last year my sister gifted me The Cruel Prince by Holly Black, as she kept seeing people rave about it on social media and knew instantly that it was going to be a book we’d both love, and look how right she was! I’ve absolutely devoured this series and I can recommend it enough, it’s a magically unexpected and thrilling adventure that takes place in such beautifully unique and enchanting world.
2. What book(s) would you like to give as a gift to someone else?
The Night Circus or Little Women. Two of my favourite books and I’d want to share them so that other people could enjoy their magic and beautiful craftsmanship.
3. If you could gift a random person any bookish item, what would it be?
A bookish subscription box, as some of them are incredible and it would a nice surprise for them every month!
4. If you could gift a random person any non-bookish item, what would it be?
A weekend away from the hustle and bustle of life so they could finally have the opportunity to take some time for themselves and hunker down with a good book.
5. What do you say when a person gives you a gift you don’t like?
That’s one of my biggest fears when giving gifts so I’m really conscious of my reaction when I receive something I don’t like. I’ll never let them know and I’ll play it like I loved it.
6. Mention a book based around Valentine’s Day.
I’d have to pick P.S I Still Love You by Jenny Han as Lara Jean and Peter’s relationship is just goals!
7. Mention a film you love to watch on Valentine’s Day.
It sounds really cliche but I love to watch the romantic comedy Valentine’s Day (2010) which follows lots of different couples and their lives on the most romantic day of the year!
8. Mention a few of your favourite OTP’s.
There’s too many! I love Lila and Kell from A Darker Shade of Magic, all the couples from A Court of Thorns and Roses series and Vin and Elend from the Mistborn trilogy!
9. Which fictional character would you like to see at your door with a bouquet of roses?
I’ve just finished reading Little Women, so I’d love to see Laurie or Mr Brookes standing at my door with their declarations of love! Or I love Mr Darcy to walk through a misty field in the early morning to come and ask for my hand in marriage, if you’ve seen the 2005 Pride and Prejudice adaptation then you know exactly which scene I’m on about!
10. Mention any two tips for blogging as a gift to other bloggers and to those who may want to start a blog.
Do it! I started my blog four years ago and I absolutely love it. I’ve met so many wonderful people who the share the same passion for books and it has provided me with the opportunity and platform to share and discuss my opinions. Recently I hit 500 followers which is mad so a huge thank you every one of my followers for constantly supporting me and my varying content.
My biggest advice for bloggers is to keep on writing, you’re not going to gain hundreds of followers overnight but if you keep writing about what you love and engaging with this incredible community then you’re guaranteed to have a wonderful blogging experience. Also my writing has improved massively since starting my blog, I occasionally look back at old posts and cringe, but I am grateful for them as it is all apart of my learning process and development, so take that into consideration too!