Watching Christmas films is the perfect way to get into the festive spirit, so I thought I’d share a few of my favourites that are currently available to stream on Netflix.
- Let it Snow (2019) – I remember reading the book ages ago and the film adaptation manages to capture the love and adorableness of the story and its characters. This is the perfect YA film for those cosy winter nights.
- A Christmas Prince Trilogy (2017-2019) – This series is so wonderfully bad that I can’t help but love it. This romantic comedy follows Amber, an aspiring journalist who is sent to the winter wonderland of Aldovia to cover a press conference given by crown prince Richard, who is set to take the throne following his father’s recent death. The rest of the film is filled with mystery and romance as well as lots of Christmas spirit.
- The Holiday Calendar (2018) – A budding romance, a magical calendar and lots of Christmas joy. This is another heart-warming Christmas film which is perfect to watch on those winter nights with a big cup of hot chocolate.
- The Knight Before Christmas (2019) – Vanessa Hudgens is becoming the Queen of Christmas films. This is another adorable and perfectly romantic Christmas film that is guarenteed get you in the festive spirit.
- Nativity (2009) – If you’re from the UK then this film has to be on your list of go-to Christmas films! The film focuses on Martin Freeman’s character Paul, who is a bit of a scrooge, but is put in charge of organising his school’s Nativity performance. Long story short things get a bit out of hand, lies are told but in the end, you’re left with a fun and unique performance and a set of catchy songs you can’t get out of your head!
- The Princess Switch (2018) – The Parent Trap but make it Christmas and more romance centred! This has all the elements for a perfect christmas film and is one that can be enjoyed by all.
- The Christmas Chronicles (2018) – Who knew that Kurt Russell would make such a good Father Christmas! Siblings Kate and Teddy Pierce hatch a scheme to capture Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. When the plan goes awry, the kids join forces with a somewhat jolly Saint Nick and his loyal elves to save the holiday before it’s too late.