I am terrible for sticking to New Year’s Resolutions but I’ve reached the point now where it’s frustrating me so much that this year I really really want to achieve them and prove to myself that they are worth making. Reading and blogging have both taken a back seat this year and that’s something I want to change in the New Year as they’re two things I really enjoy doing. So I’ve decided to set myself an array of different goals some of which are realistic and some which are more challenging…
- Read a book a week – Something that I already have to do for university but on those weeks where my reading is a little less I want to start making time to read books for my own personal enjoyment, something that I haven’t had time for this year.
- Clear out bookshelves – This is an easy one and something I’ve been meaning to do for a very long time! I’ve seen so many people on Booktube doing book un-hauls and I know if I want to make room for new books on my shelves then I’ll need to donate some either to different charities or even children hospitals. I want to pass on the joy I had from reading these book onto someone else.
- Tackle at least half of my TBR list – Like many my TBR list is huge and it just keeps getting longer and longer! I think I’m going to write a post in the New Year with a list of series and books I want to finish in 2019.
- Read more adult fantasy – I’m very late to the party with this one but I discovered Brandon Sanderson this year and fell completely and utterly in love with him, so next year not only do I want to read more of his books but more adult fantasy.
- Try and give War and Peace a go? – This is a beast of a book but one I really do want to read whether it be next year or not. I’m not too fussed if I don’t complete this one but I’ll be very impressed with myself if I do!
- Post at least once a week – Like I’ve said blogging took a back seat last year and is something I do enjoy doing. I love sharing my opinions on books and films and also reading other peoples posts and discovering new books.
- Work on my Net Galley score – I haven’t even checked it but I know its bad!
- Change up my layout and scheduling – I’ve been thinking about changing my layout for a while now as I’ve had the same one for a long time, so the plan is to start the New Year with a new look.
- Keep Updating my WhatBook Profile – I heard about WhatBook through Booktube and I wanted a place aside from Goodreads where I could record what I’ve read and leave short reviews.