We’re back! Sorry for the extra long hiatus, but we’re back now with a lot of scheduled posts and I thought I’d give you a sneak peek of what’s to come with my holiday book haul! I just got back from two lovely weeks in Kefalonia which meant lots of time for relaxing, reading and topping up my non-existant tan! I managed to read 9 books when I was away which is crazy and is a clear sign that I need to get away more often. Anyway, on this holiday I discovered so many new series that I’m desperate to continue now that I’m back and some of my favorites books of the year!
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – The first thing I did when I got back home was, order the next book in this series (it was only £2 on Amazon!) as the first book left us on such a cliffhanger and perfect set up for the rest of the series! If you haven’t already picked this series up then make it the next book you read, I promise you, you won’t regret it!
- The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green – I didn’t love this as much as I thought I would but it was still an enjoyable read! I think age played a huge role in my opinions towards this book and I think its more suited for younger readers. Plus I had just read Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson and I was probably still suffering from a book hangover!
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson – I needed a cute and lovely contemporary to read when I was away and I always look for a new Morgan Matson book because I always fall in love with her characters and storylines. This book was no exception.
- Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson – Words can’t describe how much I’m in love with this series and characters! Everything about it is perfection and I’ve turned into a little fangirl over it!
- The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen – I read the first book in this series last year on holiday and picked up the sequel this year. I’m still really enjoying this series and all the different storylines but I will admit I didn’t love it as much as the first.
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo – I received this from NetGalley and I didn’t know what to expect! I’m someone who isn’t really a fan of mermaids and sirens, however, I fell utterly in love with this book and its characters! If it’s still up for request then I would highly recommend you give this one a read!
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin – Again another book I received off NetGalley (this holiday was a chance to up my shockingly low review score!) and as a huge fan of Graudin I was super excited to get into this! I wasn’t disappointed as so but just that I wanted so much more!
- All of This is True by Lygia Day Penaflor – Another book of NetGalley (seriously my score is that low!) and again another book that I wanted to be so much more. I love the concept behind this book but it didn’t live up to my expectations.
- Everless by Sara Holland – Bet you can’t guess where I got this book from? I didn’t expect much from this but I was pleasantly surprised and found this an enjoyable read.