I can’t remember much from this year but what I can remember are the books, films and TV shows that I’ve really enjoyed and that have stuck with me throughout the year! I haven’t read many books this year which did help when it came to selecting my favorites however next year one of my resolutions is too complete the 50 book challenge. I’ve already started making a list of books that I want to read so if you’ve got any recommendation then I’d love to hear them!
This is the point now where I reflect on my year as a whole and in all honesty, my year hasn’t been anything special. I did just finish my first year of university and my second year is going really well as I’m loving my course, my friends and most importantly all the books that I’ve been set to read! I was only speaking to Eleanor about this yesterday but I feel like a completely different person that when I started the year, but in a good way. I feel a lot happier about the future and a lot more confident about it too, so much so that I’ve already declared 2018 as my year to do everything that I’ve always thought of doing.
From the books, films and TV show that I’ve managed to read and watch this year, there were some clear favorites, some of which I’m sure some of you won’t be surprised to see on my list as I couldn’t stop raving about them throughout Blogmas!
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – I was like a child at Christmas watching this film, throughout the entire film there was a smile on my face and I relished every detail and second; it was beautiful! I thought the storyline was carefully structured and it was clear that there were so much love and passion that went into creating these films.
- A Court of Mist and Fury/A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas – I don’t know why it took me until this summer to finally catch with this series but I am in love with everything to do with them! The storyline is stunning and the characters I just wish were real because they are incredible! I keep seeing all the different fan art on my Pinterest page which just reminds me how much I love this series!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – The magic, adventure, and mystery are what makes this story difficult to put down, and just like the Caraval, it sucks you in and invites you to lose yourself in its wonderful world. Garber makes it easy to fall in love with her characters and I can guarantee that it will have you on the edge of your seat through the entire story.
- This Is Us (NBC) – I discovered this show in September and still haven’t caught up with all the episodes yet because every single episode just makes me so emotional and I have to have a box of tissues with me otherwise it gets very messy! All the different storylines are so cleverly intertwined and I love the different yet relatable array of characters if you haven’t yet started this show then check out the first episode and I can guarantee you’ll be hooked like I was.
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – Again it took me far too long to pick up this book, but when I finally got round to reading it I wasn’t disappointed! I still prefer the first book but that doesn’t mean that this book didn’t lack action as it was a heck of a journey and adventure that saw the highs and lows of emotions, wit, and humor between characters and of course the usual swindling and planning which was cleverly revealed and pieced together at the end.
- Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han – Lara Jean is one of my favorite contemporary characters and we’ve been on such a beautiful and emotional journey with her throughout the series but I agree with Jenny Han it’s time her story ended. The ending was simply beautiful and just had me in streams of tears, a wonderful conclusion to an equally wonderful series. I’m going to miss all the characters and if you haven’t started this trilogy, I highly recommend it.
- Atonement by Ian McEwan – Since studying Ian McEwan at University he has quickly become one of my favorite authors of all time and reading this book has made me love him even more. This story is heartbreaking, and I truly mean heartbreaking as it had me experience different emotions from joy to sadness and frustration. Once again, McEwan has created a beautiful novel that explores the themes of love, war, guilt, and forgiveness through its brilliant narrative and prose.
- Thor: Ragnarok – This is one of my favorite superhero films because it was just so much fun to watch, everything about it from the characters to the film score was so different from the two previous films and worked perfectly together.
- Outlander: Season 3 (Starz) – Season 3 of Outlander really stepped up the game and I loved the reunion between Claire and Jamie and the fact that we got to travel to different places!
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green – I fell absolutely in love with this book as everything about it was perfect, the storyline, the characters and the way it made me feel when I finished it. If there was an option on Goodreads to give it 10 stars then I would!