Merry Blogmas Day Five! It wouldn’t be Blogmas without a Christmas book tag and plus we haven’t done a book tag on here for a while and I always enjoy doing them! I did have to have a search around for this book tag and I’ve completely forgotten where I found it but thank you to the lovely blogger whose answers I really enjoyed! It’ll just be me doing this tag this time as Eleanor is still hard at work at University but she’ll be back home soon! Yay! I tag all of our followers to give this festive tag a go, so without further ado let’s get on with the tag!
1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with?
Amy: I know this is a pretty common answer but it would have to be the Weasley’s as they know how to do Christmas well, plus I’d love Mrs Weasley to make me my own Christmas jumper! Or I’d love to spend it with Feyre and Rhys and their gang of friends, I’m sure we’d have a ball!
2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift?
Amy: An unlimited gift card to Waterstones?
3. A fictional character you think would make the perfect Christmas elf?
Amy: Lara Jean from the To All The Boys I Loved Before series because she is just so caring and I could see her putting a lot of thought and care into everyone’s gifts!
4. Match a book to its perfect Christmas song?
Amy: One of my favourite Christmas songs is Christmas Lights by Coldplay and I’d match that to Dash and Lily’s book of dares. I don’t know why but that’s what came to mind when I listened to it!
5. Bah Humbug: a book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the Naughty List?
Amy: I haven’t read much this year so I don’t have many books to choose from, but I recently read ‘The Dazzling Heights’ by Katherine McGee and all those characters need to be on the Naughty list for their actions! Avery, in particular, disappointed me as I just found her really depressing and mopy in this book, hopefully, she can sort herself out in the next book.
6. A book or fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserves to be put on the Nice List?
Amy: I’m going to apologize now because I can guarantee you’ll see me raving about this book a lot in the upcoming posts but it would have to be Caraval by Stephanie Garber. I read this book at the start of the year and it was just so magical and I can’t stop thinking about it! If you haven’t read it yet and are looking for a mysterious carnival adventure then definitely pick this one up!
7. Red, Gold, and Green: a book cover that has a wonderfully Christmasy feel to it?
Amy: I love the cover for ‘My True Love Gave to Me’ which is a collection of short Christmassy stories by various authors including one of my favourites Stephanie Perkins. The cover features all the characters ice skating which I just think is adorable and I love all the little details they include!
8. A book or series you love so much that you want everyone to find it under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too?
Amy: I won’t use Caraval by Stephanie Garber again (but seriously you should read it!) instead I’m going to pick the Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J Maas because it is incredible! There’s no doubt that you too will fall in love with the world and the characters Sarah has created, everything about these books is perfect!