If you’ve been following our blog for a while then you might have picked up on our obsession with Outlander and it wasn’t long till I found this tag on Booktube! This tag was originally created by Sasha Alsberg on Booktube and if you haven’t discovered her channel on Youtube then I recommend you do. Anyway, this tag is right up our street and I feel like we’d be missing out if we didn’t do it!
1. You touch some standing stones and get transported back in time, what year would you hope to land in?
Amy: I would love to visit the Renaissance period, just so I could live in a castle, wear beautiful gowns and attend glamorous parties and balls. If only….
Eleanor: I’d like to go to the 1930’s but before the war, things just seemed ever so simple then, people enjoyed the simple things in life, yet medicine and technology was just advanced enough to live comfortably.
2. Claire is a very good nurse, what type of skill would you want to have that a fictional character excels at?
Amy: Definitely, Celaena Sardothien’s fighting skills! I would love to be a badass like her and be able to wield different weapons.
Eleanor: I would love to have Rhysand’s cunning and wit from A Court of Mist and Fury, I wish I could have a witty answer to everything.
3. Jamie and Claire are ultimate relationship goals, who is your favorite fictional couple?
Amy: I always find this really hard because there are so many fictional couples that I adore and I feel that I always pick the same ones but if I had to pick someone different it would have to be Lily and Dash from ‘Dash and Lily’s book of dares! They’re just so cute together and perfect for one another.
Eleanor: !!!!SPOILER FOR EMPIRE OF STORMS!!!! I am currently reading Empire of Storms and an unlikely relationship that I actually really like is Elide and Lorcan, I hope nothing happens to either of them!
4. The ending of outlander was shocking, what is one book you read that totally blew your mind?
Amy: I found this really hard to answer but I would have to pick Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare because this book was just incredible and I am super excited for the next book in the series!
Eleanor: I wouldn’t say it blew my mind but the ending of All The Bright Places really did shock me, I wasn’t expecting it at all and I was totally devastated!
5. Scotland has lots of castles and we see quite a few in Outlander, what fictional kingdom would you want as your own (castle included)?
Amy: Middle Earth because I love how magical and beautiful it is and of course I would have to live either in Rivendell (with Legolas of course) or Minas Tirith as both of those castles are just stunning!
Eleanor: This is easy, Harry Potter, Hogwarts, all the way, not even a contest!
6. Outlander has some very steamy scenes, what is your favorite romance novel?
Amy: I’m slightly ashamed to admit it but I have read 50 Shades of Grey….I think that’s enough said.
Eleanor: I don’t really read romance novels… but A Court of Mist and Fury was very steamy and that was a great book!
7. The Jacobite Rising is a huge plot point in the Outlander series, what book has your favorite battle in it?
Amy: Again I’m going to pick Lord of the Rings: Two Towers because the battle of Minas Tirith is just epic and full of action!
Eleanor: I didn’t read it in the book but the Battle of the Bastards on the recent series of Game of Thrones was outstanding!
8. Jamie and Claire get married very unexpectedly, what fictional character would you want to marry on a whim?
Amy: CHAOL! I haven’t yet read Empire of Storms thanks to all my University work so please no spoilers! But Chaol is just my all time fictional crush, he’s strong, caring and handsome! *heart eye emoji*
Eleanor: Everyone knows what my normal answer would be, so I’m going for a different answer today, I’ve recently watched Reign and let’s be honest Bash’s (Torrance Coombs) eyes are just hypnotic! I’d be more than happy to marry him!
9. Scotland is a beautiful place, what is one fictional world you would love to visit?
Amy: I’m going to agree with Eleanor on this one as I too would love to visit the Wizarding World, just think how magical it would be!
Eleanor: I’m going safe and say the Wizarding World, with Voldemort out of the way it seems the most harmonious place… and it would be really cool!
10. If you could change the past, would you?
Amy: I don’t think I would, I’m a strong believer in that everything happens for a reason so I wouldn’t want to change a thing because at this moment in time I’m happy! – Apologies that was a very cheesy answer!
Eleanor: The only thing I would change would be my dress sense and my middle parting when I was 11-13… I was so awkward…