This one’s for you Eleanor. If you haven’t already seen, Eleanor and I have started a series of posts trying to persuade our followers to watch some of our favourite TV shows including Once Upon a Time and Outlander, and I couldn’t miss Reign out!
1. The Cast – The cast is certainly not as good as the Once Upon A Time cast but they’re acting and relationships on and off screen are so enjoyable to watch. Plus the show gives us a lot of lovely eye candy! Who doesn’t love Toby Regbo, Torrance Coombs, Johnathan Keltz and more? The show also gives us some serious badass and powerful women as well from Adelaide Kane as Mary, Queen of Scots to Megan Follows as Catherine de’ Medici. #girlpower
2. The Costumes – Meredith Markworth-Pollack is a goddess and her costumes she creates are equally as enchanting. From Mary and her ladies gowns to the men’s suits, everything is stunning and I love how she’s put a twist on your typical French fashion in the 16th Century by making it sexy and feminine.
3. The Romance – So many couples and relationships that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside but will also break your heart. Pre-warning after watching the show you’ll probably develop a lot of ships, for me, it will always be Francis and Mary. Their relationship isn’t simple but that doesn’t stop it being beautiful, romantic yet heartwrenching.
4. The Locations – From the lush green outdoor scenery to the ornate hallways and rooms in the giant French castle, there isn’t an ugly shot in the entire show. I’ve always been a sucker for castles so this show was right up my street.
5. The Drama – Every episode there’s drama, it’s a bit like a historical Pretty Little Liars because nearly every episode someone tries to kill Mary, secrets are revealed and created. There’s never a lack of action and drama and we are given the added bonus of having historical references
6. The Music – One of the most forgotten aspects of the show but in my opinion it’s one of the best as it has enabled me to discover some amazing artists and songs like ‘Incomplete’ by James Bay, ‘I Still Love You’ by Josh Jenkins and ‘All The Kings Horses’ by Karmina! So even if you do or don’t decide to check out the show, I highly recommend you check out its soundtrack, because it’s perfect.
7. It’s a great show to watch after watching Outlander – Eleanor, you need to watch it, it’s got drama, historical aspects, and romance just like Outlander!