Being a University Student you have way too much time to binge watch tv shows and I feel like it is a rule that you have to at least binge watch one tv show whilst at University. For me that hasn’t been a problem as I have already watched two seasons of Outlander and two seasons of Once Upon a Time and have fallen madly in love with both of them, so Eleanor and I decided to try and persuade our followers to join the club and watch these shows! Eleanor has written a post on Outlander and so it is my turn to write my post on Once Upon a Time so without further ado, let’s begin…..
1. The Cast – Once Upon a Time, seriously has one of the best cast’s ever from their incredible performances to their hysterical interviews; I just want to be apart of it! The large range of characters means there are always new characters to get excited about from all your favourite tales. All the actors do an incredible job of portraying our much-loved fairy tale heroes and villains, and the casting can’t get any better, each actor matches their character from their looks to their mannerisms; it’s perfect!
2. The Storyline – What more could you want from all your favourite Disney and fairy tale characters coming to life and interacting with each other? The crossovers and relationships in this show are so cleverly intertwined and thought about and will leave fans yearning for more and excited about different ships! Apart from the romance, there is also a lot of action and adventure to new and magical worlds as well as some pretty dramatic fight scenes…
3. Aesthetic Appeal – Creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz take us on a journey to new and exciting worlds each season from the Enchanted Forest to Oz, Wonderland and Agrabah and the CGI that goes in to create these worlds is equally magical!
4. Strong Female Characters – Fairy tales have always been a little too damsel-in-distress for comfort, but that’s not the case for Once Upon A Time! Emma Swan, our protagonist, is such a badass. She’s smart, independent, and certainly, someone you don’t want to get on the wrong side of – and she’s not the only one. Snow White, the Evil Queen, Merida, Mulan, the list goes on, are among the many strong female characters on this show.
5. The Handsom Men – Probably one of my favourite parts of the show and there is someone for everyone, for me it has to be Captain Hook (played by the wonderful Colin O’Donoghue) who is just gorgeous and full of sass. Other favourites include Robin Hood, Prince Charming and Sheriff Graham!
6. Sassy Villians – If you thought the heroes sounded good then you wait till you hear about the villains, they’re powerful, badass and just down right fabulous. Lana Parrilla and Robert Carlyle are just gods.
7. The Dialogue – I wasn’t expecting the dialogue to be so funny and so sassy, I loved it. The interaction between all the characters is just perfect and unique, where else are you going to watch a conversation between Pinocchio and Mulan.
Captain Hook: “Dark One appear”.
Regina: “Put that thing down before you hurt yourself, guyliner”