I thought I’d do something different from our usual book reviews and share with our follows my favourite authors and hopefully encourage some of you to pick up some of their books! Please feel free to share your favourite authors in the comments as we are always on the hunt for new authors and books!
- Sarah J Maas – The Queen of fantasy and the author of my favourite fantasy series ‘Throne of Glass’. All her books are action packed and will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout the whole novel. Not forgetting her incredible and badass characters who I look forward to reading more about in ‘Empire of Storms’. I have also been lucky enough to meet her and she is one of the loveliest people ever!
- Leigh Bardugo – She was one of my favourites when I read the ‘Shadow and Bone’ series but after reading ‘Six of Crows’ she is now one of my all time favourites who I adore! Again her world building and characters are so unique and loveable and I am counting down the days until ‘Crooked Kingdom’ is released.
- Wilbur Smith – He’s probably an author that many of you havent heard of, nevertheless I think he is one of the greatest authors as his writing is so captivating and beautiful that it is hard to put one of his books down. He also wrote my all time favourite books ‘Eagle in the Sky’ and I can’t stress enough that everyone needs to read this book as not only is it incredible but truly heartbreaking.
- J.K.Rowling – Of course J.K.Rowling had to make an appearance on my list of favourite authors because her writing and storytelling is just so magical and without her we wouldn’t have such a brilliant and iconic book and movie series!
- Morgan Matson – She is one of my all time favourite contemporary authors as her books and characters are always so cute and are hard not to love. I recently read ‘The Unexpected Everything’ and I have to admit that it is one of my favourite books of this year and it certainly in my top 5 all time favourite contemporary novels. If you’re looking for a really lovely contemporary that will just warm your heart and make you feel all the feels and emotions then definitely pick up one of her novels!