I don’t think we’ve ever been so excited to do a tag before but jeez were we excited to do this tag! We were nominated by the lovely @Calliopethebookgoddess and we recommend you go follow her blog and check out her answers too!
1. “It’s pronounced like Cady” – Which fictional character’s names did you get completely wrong?
Amy: Eleanor and I had a good laugh about this answer and I’ve probably stolen what she wanted to say too, but Chaol (Kay-all) from the Throne of Glass Series! We both had different ways of pronouncing this and it wasn’t until we met Sarah till we learned of the true pronunciation!
Eleanor: *Darn it Amy stole my answer!* To be fair though that was pretty funny, Amy pronounced it as ‘Cal’ and I would pronounce it ‘Coal’. We would have petty arguments about it but it turned out we were both wrong!
2. “She doesn’t even go here!” – Which character would you like to place in a fictional world from another book or series?
Amy: I would love to put Celaena Sardothien into the Shadow World, with Emma Carstairs as I could see those two getting along really well! And just think of the fight scenes they would have together!! Badass!
Eleanor: I think Ruby from the darkest minds series could so amazing things with Cassie from The 5th Wave! I don’t know why but I feel they would get on well as they both have quite a maternal instinct with Sam and Zu!
3. “On Wednesdays we wear pink!” – Repetition. Repetition. Which book gave you dejavu of another book whilst reading it?
Amy: Red Rising by Pierce Brown and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! Both very similar but that didn’t put me off loving either of the books as each had their unique elements!
Eleanor: I can’t really think of much… the only thing that comes to mind is the book ‘The Giver’ and ‘Delirium’ as they both had very controlling elements eg. not getting to choose who you marry ect.
4. “You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and wh****. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and wh***.” – Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels?
Amy: The Duff by Kody Keplinger. I hated Bianca in this book as I just found her rude and annoying. There is also the fact that Bianca ditches her friends in favour of getting laid. I understand she needs an escape from her problems, but has she ever heard the saying ‘chicks before dicks!’
Eleanor: I’m glad to say I don’t think I have read a book like this! (thank goodness!!)
5. “You go Glen Coco!” – Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading.
Amy: I am currently reading Lady Midnight and I have fallen in love even more with Emma Carstairs as she is such a bad ass but at the same time is very kind and caring! God, I love her!
Eleanor: Ohh it has to be Simon Lewis early on in The Mortal Instruments series when he was trying to impress Clary but Jace kept getting in the way, of course I ship Clace but Simon is just so cute!
6. “Get in loser, we’re going shopping!” How long do you typically spend at a book shop?
Amy: I don’t usually spend ages in a book shop or even go to book shops very often as I do most of my buying on Amazon! But we once both went to the Waterstones in Birmingham and spent ages looking at books and chatting with the staff and I had such a good time! Something I want to do again soon!
Eleanor: I don’t spend too long either! As much as I would love to, the people I would shop with would probably get bored and annoyed! I usually spend about 20 mins (if I’m lucky!)
7. “It’s not my fault you’re like in love with me or something!” – Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real?
Amy: Chaol Westfall from the Throne Of Glass Series! He’s just perfect and if Celaena doesn’t want Chaol, I’ll gladly have him!
Eleanor: Oh goodness, any of the Shadowhunter boys, Jace, Will, Jem and Julian!
8. “I can’t help it that I’m popular.” – Which overhyped book were you cautious about reading?
Amy: Red Rising by Pierce Brown. Apologies as I keep repeating the same books over and over again but I went into this book not knowing anything and I had heard so many good things about and I was worried I wasn’t going to enjoy it! But lucky I did!
Eleanor: If I’m honest, any John Green book, I always end up disappointed (please don’t hate me!)
9. “She’s a life ruiner. She ruins peoples lives.” – We all love Regina George. Name a villian you just love to hate.
Amy: The Darkling from the Shadow and Bone Series. He’s gorgeous but deadly!
Eleanor: Maven – Glass Sword, although I wasn’t overly impressed with the book, I really did love to hate Maven!
10. “I’m not like a regular Mom, I’m a cool Mom.” – Your favourite fictional parents.
Amy: Mr and Mrs Lancaster from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Both of them are really supportive but are also so down to earth as well as always knowing exactly what to say!
Eleanor: The Weasley parents from Harry Potter are just the best! I love them so much!
11. “That is so Fetch!” – Which book or series would you love to catch on?
Amy: I have to agree with Calliope here, with the Penryn and the End of Days Series by Susan Ee! I loved this series and I thought it had a really unique storyline and plot and I do remember this book going through a phase when it was really popular but now I feel like it’s been a bit forgotten! Go read this series, I will leave my review here!
Eleanor: I don’t know if this has already caught on? But I think the Mara Dyer books are great, especially if you love a psychological thriller!
12. “How do I even begin to explain Regina George?” – Describe your ideal character to read about.
Amy: I am a sucker for badass and sassy characters (Celaena Sardothien) but I also love characters who develop and grow throughout a series/book.
Eleanor: A really strong, confident, witty character but is also really loving and vulnerable!
13. “I just have a lot of feelings.” – What do you do when a book gives you a bad case of ‘the feels’?
Amy: Any contemporary, especially by Stephanie Perkins, Morgan Matson or Huntley Fitzpatrick. All their books and characters are so cute and the storyline never fails to make me cry!
Eleanor: Any lovey dovey book, I know it’s for a younger demographic but Girl Online by Zoe Sugg was really cute! (well I thought so anyway)
14. “Nice wig Janice, what’s it made of?” “Your Mom’s chest hair!” – Which characters one liners would you love to claim for your own?
Amy: Sevro from Red Rising. His banter with other characters and one liners never fail to make me laugh but they are quite rude!
Eleanor: Anything said by either Jace, Simon or Emma Carstairs from the Shadowhunter world!
15. “Boo, you wh***.” – Name a time a characters decision has made you roll your eyes?
Amy: I genuinely can’t think of any character, there’s always one but at this moment in time my mind has gone blank! Sorry!
Eleanor: Oh jeeze! Anything Mare did in Glass Sword, she irritated me SO much!
We hope you enjoyed our answers and we tag anyone who hasn’t yet done this tag and want’s to have a go at it!