As we come to the end of a very busy and exciting year, it good to reflect on everything that has happened, we began to explore the marvels of space with finding water on Mars, we also celebrated marriage equality around the world and we’ve had some amazing and inspiring speeches at various award shows. On the other hand the world itself was turned upside down with the Paris Attacks, Refugee Crisis and Baltimore Protests however it was these events which brought the world closer together. But being mainly a book blog we thought we would share some of our favourites…
- Anything by Sarah J Maas – Whether it was ‘Queen of Shadows’ or ‘A Court of Thrones and Roses’ both books were just amazing and I am overwhelmed that I was finally able to meet her!
- Reign – I am literally obsessed with this show. I managed to catch up now to season 3 in under a few weeks as I am in love with its characters (Bash!) and storyline!
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – I have no words.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – A book which blew my mind with is fantastic characters and plot twists. ‘Glass Sword’ certainly one of my most anticipated reads of next year.
- Shadow and Bone Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo – After reading the first book in this trilogy I fell in love. It’s unique and magical storyline never leaves a dull moment!
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 – The final instalment to what has been an amazing franchise.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – This inspired my trip to Paris this October and it was such a cute and fluffy read and I hope next year to read more of her books!
- The Darkest Minds Trilogy by Alexandra Bracken – Another series that I really enjoyed this year.
- Penryn and the End of Days by Susan Ee – It’s been along time since I read this series however I clearly remember enjoying it a lot and inspiring to try different genres.
- To All the Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han – Another cute and girly contemporary read and again it’s sequel is another book I plan to read next year!
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard- I love this book so much, it’s a wonderful fantasy film with one hell of a twist, I never knew which way was up when reading this!
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2- Wow, what a film! It was a fantastic end to one of my favourite books turned film, I couldn’t ask for more from a book adaptation!
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas- I am so glad that Amy got me into this series of books! I loved reading this wicked book, and better yet I got read it along side my favourite reading buddy!
- Poldark- This was a fabulous tv series shown in the UK, it is a period drama based in Cornwall and I very much enjoyed watching it!
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas- Similarly, this is one brilliant fantasy book that I read thanks to Amy, also its signed by Sarah J Maas herself and meeting her was just amazing!
- Nashville- Oh my goodness, I had such an obsession with this show over the summer and into September! I really miss it and I’ve been having withdrawal symptoms but I’m going to wait until the new season returns in the UK.
- Every Day by David Levithan- What I loved about this book was that it surprised me, I wasn’t expecting to like it but I loved it!
- The Late Late Show with James Corden- I don’t know if this really counts because it’s not actually shown here in the UK, but I have been obsessed with the videos from this show on Youtube. I love James Corden and he has always made me laugh but I think he has really found his feet with this new TV show!
- Girl Online On Tour by Zoe Sugg- This book probably isn’t the most academically challenging but it’s just a fun, feel good book which I thoroughly enjoyed!
- How I Live Now- Right at the beginning of this year I had such an obsession with this film! It is amazing and I recommend you all watch it because it’s just a well made, powerful film that I love!
Don’t forget reviews for all the books and films mentioned can be found on the review page!
Happy New Year and let’s bring on 2016!